Friday, August 1, 2008

CLEAN SOLUTIONS Newsletter August 2008

Hello friends,
I hope your summer is going well and you are enjoying life. My family and I just got back from our annual trip to beautiful Lake Tahoe for our conference at Zephyr Point. It is an exquisite site and the lake was beautiful. I wanted share with you something I learned while in an Eco Stewardship class there. One of the things I that was new to me was a website where you can compute your own carbon footprint. If you are not familiar with this check out this site and go to compute your carbon footprint and see how you are doing.
Cool California Website to check your own carbon Footprint: Cool California www.coolcalifornia.org

The other thing I did while I was there was to led an earth service. The focus was amsidt all our concern of what is needed to be done for our planet to still remember to celebrate and give thanks for what we do have and for the gift of this earth that has been given to us. The evening ended in a Celtic prayer I wanted to share with you:

Deep Peace of the running wave to you
Deep Peace of the flowing air to you
Deep Peace of the quiet earth to you
Deep Peace of the shining stars to you
Deep peace of the shades of night to you
Moon and stars always giving Light to you.
--Celtic Peace Prayer from Antiquity

Enjoy this beautiful time of year, stay healthy and have fun!

Blessings, Cynthia

1 comment:

ONNO said...

Beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing!

PowderLover